All Bennett Fire Department firefighters and first responders are volunteers and are professionally trained to keep our community safe. It is our mission to protect, preserve and respect the lives and property of Bennett residents by working as an effective team applying our professional knowledge and continual education.
Fire Chief: Travis Theien
Assistant Chief: Dave Dittbrender
Head of EMS: Brett Hunter
Volunteers – Our Fire Department is always accepting new firefighter and first responder volunteers. If you like volunteering, but don't not want to be on-call, you can join the FRIENDS of the Bennett Volunteer Fire Department. Please contact Travis for more details. 218-428-1990
Spaghetti Supper - To be announced
Flea Market - Last Saturday of June
Open House/National Night Out - First Tuesday of August
Please refer to the Bennett Volunteer Fire Department Facebook page for further updates regarding our upcoming events.
Flea Market Details:
- Always the last Saturday of June from 8am - 2pm
- 20,000 square feet of treasures including lawn, garden, household, furniture, dishes, lamps, toys, holiday decor, crafting items and much, much more.
- Enjoy lunch from our food tent and take home dessert from our bake sale.
- If you'd like to volunteer to help us with this annual event, please contact us via Facebook messenger.
- We begin accepting donations in June. Please refer to the guidelines below for donations.
Accepted Item Guidelines:
- Accepting new or gently used items that are still in good, working order.
- We are happy to accept large items such as lawn equipment, boats, campers, vehicles, docks, etc.
- All items will be inspected at the time of donation and the volunteers have the right to deny any item they see unsuitable.
- Pickup and collection of items must be scheduled in advance.
- Please contact: Melissa 608-315-0315 (Be sure to leave a message if no answer)
Items NOT Accepted:
- Clothing, Bedding, Mattresses, Computers, Monitors and Copiers, Broken Toys, Damaged Particle Board Furniture, Televisions or Non-Working Electronics, Christmas Trees
Open House/National Night Out Details:
- The first Tuesday of August from 6pm-8pm
- Complimentary BBQ dinner cooked and served by the Volunteer Firefighters and First Responders.
- Many important brochures available
- Junior Firefighter Goody Bags for the children
- Learn about the Fire Department's equipment and see it up close.
- Visit with your local Firefighters, First Responders, Mayo Ambulance EMT's, Life Link EMT's, Douglas County 911 Dispatchers, Douglas County Sheriff Deputies and WI DNR officers.