Town Hall located at:
9215 East County Road L
Bennett, WI 54873
1 Block west of US 53 On L
TOWN OF BENNETT, DOUGLAS COUNTY
MONDAY, JUNE 6, 2016
OPEN BOOK 4 PM—6 PM
BOARD OF REVIEW 6 PM—8 PM
AT THE BENNETT TOWN HALL (COUNTY L & HWY 53)
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the Board of Review and procedural requirements if appearing before the Board:
• If a person refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the assessor to view his or her property, that person will not be allowed to appear before the BOR, to testify to the BOR by phone, or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property
• After the first BOR meeting and before the BOR’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the BOR may contact, or provide information to, a member of the BOR about that person’s objection except at a BOR session.
• No person may appear before the BOR, testify to the BOR by phone or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the BOR or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under sub. (3) (a), that person provides to the BOR clerk a notice as to whether the person will ask for removal under sub. (6m) and if so which member will be removed and the person’s reasonable estimate of the length of time that the hearing will take.
• When appearing before the BOR, the person must specify in writing, his or her estimate of the land value and improvements that he or she is objecting and the person must specify the information that he or she used to arrive at that estimate
• No person may appear before the BOR, testify to the BOR by phone or object to a valuation; if the assessor or objector made the valuation using the income method; unless the person supplies the assessor with all the information about income and expenses, as specified in the manual under state law (sec. 73.03(2a), Wis. Stats.), that the assessor requests. The municipality or county must provide by ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses provided to the assessor under this paragraph and shall provide exceptions for persons using the information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or of the duties of their office or by order of a court. The information that is provided under this paragraph, unless a court determines that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under state law (sec. 19.35(1), Wis. Stats.).
Tamara L. Johnson, Clerk
May 9, 2016